Only for You: My special list of 159 Most Beautiful middle names for Nova together with their meaning.
(Additional Bonus for You: at the bottom of this post also a list of Famous People by the name of Nova)
Middle names are often overlooked and forgotten, but they can offer a glimpse into your family history.
In this list, specially for You I have rounded up the most memorable Kennedy middle names throughout the years – along with some interesting tidbits about each one's origin and meaning!
From traditional English names to modern American ones, you can find the perfect Kennedy middle name for your little one here!
The Kennedys have had many generations of influential members with fascinating styles of middle names chosen for them by their parents.
Kennedy middle names offer diverse meanings and origins, ranging from Hebrew to French.
Some examples include
Mary - meaning ‘Wished-for Child', Kathleen deriving from katharos in Greek; meaning 'pure',
Anne - derived from Hebrew Channah; which translates to 'grace',
Patricia - a Latin name that translates to 'noble/ patrician',
Catherine coming from katharos in Greek; translating to "pure",
Jane - English form of Jehanne, which originates from the Hebrew
Johanna; roughly translating as ‘Yahweh is gracious", Alice - an Old Germanic name deriving from Adalheidis
With more Kennedys gracing the political stage, you can be sure to expect an interesting mix of middle names that often have a strong historical and cultural background behind them!
I hope this list will provide some helpful insight into the unique origins and meanings behind
Whether you’re looking for a meaningful name or something with a little more flare, there is sure to be something here that will fit the bill.
Have fun exploring the origins and meanings – it can be quite eye-opening!
For You my Special List of 109 Best Kennedy middle names together with their meaning:
1. Patrick: Derived from the Latin name Patricius, which means ‘nobleman’ or ‘patrician’.
2. Joseph: A Biblical name derived from Hebrew Yosef, translating to “God shall increase/ be added".
3. John: English form of Johannes; similar meaning as Joseph above - "God is gracious"
4. Robert: Germanic name derived from Hrodberht; meaning ‘bright fame'
5. Edward: Of Old English origin deriving from eadweard meaning 'wealthy guard'.
6. Michael: From the Hebrew word Mikhael; roughly translates to 'Who is like God?” .
7. William: From the Old Norman French name Willaume, which translates to ‘protector’ .
8. Thomas: Derived from the Aramaic word ta'oma, meaning ‘twin’ .
9. Paul: Latin origin deriving from Paulus; translated as “small” or “humble” .
10. Peter: Derives from the Greek Petros meaning 'stone or rock'.
11. Francis: A Latin name derived from Franciscus; translating as 'Free man'.
12. Christopher: Translates to Christ-bearer in Greek and is a variation of Christianos (Christian).
13. David: From the Hebrew name Dawid; meaning ‘beloved’ .
14. Matthew: Derived from the Hebrew Matityahu; roughly translating to 'Gift of Yahweh' .
15. Stephen: An Old Greek name derived from Stephanos; meaning “crowned” .
16. Charles: A French variant of Germanic Karl, which translates to “free man" .
17. James: English variation of Jacob, deriving from Yaakov (Jacob); meaning one who follows/ supplants/ overcomes".
18. Richard: Derives from Old French Richerd ; translating as "powerful ruler".
19. Anthony: Originates from the Latin Antonius; translates to "one who is above/ worthy of praise" .
20. Josephine: Feminine form of Joseph, which derives from Hebrew Yosef; meaning ‘God will increase’ .
21. Maria: A Latin name that comes from the Hebrew Miryam; roughly translating as ‘Wished-for Child’/ 'Sea of Bitterness'
22. Margaret: Derives from Greek Margarites; meaning ‘Pearl’ or ‘Child of Light".
23. Elizabeth: Originating in Hebrew Elisheva, it roughly translates to “My God is an Oath”.
24. Rosemary: Derives from Latin Rosmarinus; translating to 'Dew of the Sea' .
25. Bridget: The Irish name Brigid comes from the Celtic goddess of fire, poetry and wisdom with a meaning ‘exalted one'.
26. Mary: Hebrew translation for this name is Miryam; roughly translating as ‘Wished-for Child’/ 'Sea of Bitterness' .
27. Kathleen: Irish version of Katherine which derives from Greek katharos, meaning 'pure'.
28. Anne: English form of Hannah, derived from Hebrew Channah; meaning “grace".
29. Patricia: A Latin name that translates to 'noble/ patrician' .
30. Catherine: Derives from katharos in Greek; meaning ’pure’.
31. Jane: English form of Jehanne, derived from Hebrew Johanna; roughly translating as ‘Yahweh is gracious".
32. Alice: Of Old Germanic origin deriving from Adalheidis; translating to 'Noble'.
33. Susan: Derived from Persian Susin, which means ‘lily flower'.
34. Francesca: Italian form of Franciscus; translating as 'Free man.'
35. Jacqueline: French version of Jacob, deriving from Yaakov (Jacob); meaning one who follows/ supplants/ overcomes".
36. Carolyn: Derives from katharos in Greek; translating to "pure'.
37. Dorothy: Derived from Latin Dorothea; translating as 'Gift of God'.
38. Patrick: Derives from Latin Patricius; meaning ‘nobleman/ patrician'.
39. Leonard: Of Germanic origin deriving from Leonhard; translating to 'lion-strong' .
40. Eugene: A French name derived from Eugenios, roughly translating to 'Well born’ or ‘nobility".
41. Andrew: From the Greek Andreas, meaning 'manly'.
42. Lawrence: Derived from Laurentius in Latin; translating as "from Laurentum" (an ancient city).
43. Philip: Comes from the Greek Philippos; roughly translating as "horse lover" or "friend of horses".
44. Stephenie: Feminine form of Stephanos - an Old Greek name which translates to “crowned” .
45. Michelle: An altered version of Michael, which derives from Hebrew Mikhael and means 'Who is like God?” .
46. Lauren: English variant of Laurence derived from latin Laurentius ; meaning ‘from Laurentum' (ancient city)
47. Josephine: Feminize form of Joseph , originating in hebrew Yosef ; meaning ‘God will increase’ .
48. Christopher: From the Greek Christophoros ; roughly translating as “bearing Christ” .
49. Christina: Feminine form of Christian; deriving from kristos in Greek, meaning 'Follower of Christ' .
50. William: An Old Germanic name derived from wil - helm; roughly translating as "will helmet" or "protection/ resolve".
51. Grace: An English name that comes from the Latin Gratia; meaning ‘Favor’ or ‘Blessing’.
52. David: Hebrew origin deriving from Dawid ; translating to 'beloved'.
53. Samantha: Of Aramaic origin, derived from Shemuel; roughly translating as 'heard by God'.
54. Robert: Comes from Old German Hrodebert; roughly meaning "bright fame".
55. Kevin: Irish version of Caoimhin, coming from koe-meen in Gaelic; meaning “kind/ gentle birth".
56 Cynthia: Derives from kynthos in Greek ; translates to 'from Mount Kynthos' .
57. Rebecca: Originates in hebrew Ribqah ; means “captivating" .
58. Theodore: Derived form Theodorus , a greek name which stands for "God's gift/gift of god" .
59. Frederick: Of Germanic origin deriving From Friedrich ; translating as "Peaceful ruler" .
60 Julia: A latin name originating From Iulius ; means ‘youthful’ .
61. Victoria: Latin origin deriving from Victor; meaning ‘Conqueror’.
62. John: Hebrew name derived from Yochanan; meaning 'God is gracious'.
63. Victoria: Latin origin deriving from Victor; meaning "conqueror".
64. Scott: Derived form the Old English word scott, translating to “one who comes form Scotland” .
65. Elizabeth: Of hebrew origin deriving From Elisheba ; roughly translating as ‘God is my oath' .
66. Ann: A variant of Hannah , originating in Hebrew Channah ; means 'grace' .
67. Thomas: Comes from an Aramaic name Teoma, which means twin .
68. Daniel: Hebrew derivation of Daniyyel; roughly translated as"God is my judge" or "judge of God".
69. Emily: English variant of aemilia , coming From latin Aemilius ; translates to 'rival/ imitating'' .
70 Richard: Originates in German Ricahrd ; stands for `power/brave ruler`
71. George: Derives from Greek georgos, meaning "farmer or earthworker".
72. Edward: A name of English origin deriving from Eadweard; translating as "wealth/guardian of prosperity”.
73. Margaret: Comes from the Latin margarita; meaning 'pearl'.
74. Brian: Of Gaelic origin derived from brion; translating to “strength” or “honor".
75. Christine: French version of Christiana, coming from kristos in Greek; roughly translated as ‘follower of Christ’ .
76. Kathleen: Irish variation on kathleen, deriving From katharos in Greek ; translates to `pure` .
77. Timothy: Originating From greek Timotheus ; stands for 'honoring God' .
78 Mark: Derived form latin Marcus , which means 'warlike/dedicated to Mars' .
79 Rachel: Hebrew derivation of Rachael ; translates to `sheep/ innocent one`.
80 Jennifer: Cornish variant of Guinevere , originated in Welsh Gwenhwyfar ; means `fair phantom/ white smooth` .
81. Patrick: Derives from the Latin Patricius; meaning "nobleman".
82. Michael: Of Hebrew origin deriving from Mikha'el; meaning “who is like God?”
83. Paul: Comes From the Roman family name Paulus ; meaning 'small/humble'.
84. Alexander: A Greek name derived from Alexandros, translating to "defender of men".
85. Stephen: Name of Greek origin stemming From Stephanos; roughly translates as ‘crowned one’ .
86. Mary: English version of Maria , originating in hebrew Miriam ; translates to `bitter sea` .
87. James: Anglicized form of Jacob , deriving from khevah or khaw-vaw in Hebrew; means 'supplanter/held by heel' .
88 Margaret: Originates in latin margarita ; stands for `pearl` .
89 Andrew: Greek derivation of Andreas ; roughly translated as `strong and manly`.
90 Christopher: Comes From greek Christophoros , which means "bearing christ" .
91 Josephine: Feminize form of Josef , originating in hebrew Yosef, meaning 'may god/Yahweh will add'.
92. David: Hebrew name derived from Dawid; meaning ‘beloved’.
93. Robert: Comes From Old German Hrodberht ; stands for `bright fame` .
94. William: Of Germanic origin deriving from Wilhelmus; translates as ‘resolute protector ’.
95. Katherine: Of Greek derivation, katharos; meaning “pure”.
96. David: Hebrew name derived from Dawid; meaning ‘beloved’.
97. Stephen: Name of Greek origin stemming From Stephanos; roughly translates as ‘crowned one' .
98. Thomas: Comes from an Aramaic name Teoma, which means twin .
99. John: Derived from Yochanan; meaning 'God is gracious' .
100. Joseph: Originating in Hebrew Yosef ; translates to `may god/Yahweh will add` .
101. Matthew: Hebrew origin deriving from mattathias; translating to ‘gift of god’.
102. Sarah: Derived from sarah in hebrew, meaning 'princess/lady'.
103. Benjamin: Hebrew derivation of benyamin; stands for `son of the right hand`.
104. Anthony: A variant of antonius , coming From latin Antonus ; which means `highly praiseworthy` .
105. Maria: Latin form maria , originating in hebrew Miriam ; translates as `bitter sea` .
106. Laura: Of latin Origin derived From laurus ; roughly translated as `victory wreath` or “laurel tree” .
107. Thomasina - Feminine variation on thomas , derived From an Aramaic name Teoma; it means twin .
108 Kevin - Celtic derivation koinneach ; translates to "kindly/handsome birth" .
109 Josephine - Feminize form of Josef, originating in hebrew Yosef; meaning 'may god/Yahweh will add' .
Free Bonus for You: List of Famous People by the name of Kennedy.
1. Kennedy McMann – American actress, known for her title character in the 2019 series Nancy Drew.
2. Kennedy Rayé – TikTok star and singer who has earned more than 1 million fans on the platform with lip sync videos.
3. Kennedy Cymone – a former child actor best known for playing Lucy Baxter-Winters from 1996 to 2002 on The Steve Harvey Show.
4. Kennedy Brock – lead singer of the indie rock band, The Maine. He is also an accomplished songwriter writing such hits as “English Girls” and “My Heroine”.
5. Kennedy Grace Williams - American teenage beauty queen who was crowned Miss USA 2020 at age 18 after winning the 2019 Miss Teen USA pageant representing Texas.
6. Kennedy Okello - British author and poet whose debut poetry collection 'Silence in The Sirens' won various awards including Bookseller's Choice Award, 2021 Costa Book Awards and Miles Morland Scholarship Award recipient in 2020/21 period.
7. Kennedy McManus - American country music singer best known for her album "Canyons".
John Fitzgerald Kennedy - 35th President of the United States, serving from 1961 until his assassination in 1963. He was commonly referred to as Jack or JFK.
Kennedy is an Irish surname derived from the Gaelic name Cinnéidigh, meaning “ugly head.” It can also be traced back to the word ceanndubh, which means “wolf-headed.”
The middle names associated with the Kennedy family are all meaningful in origin and carry their own deep historical roots.
Free Bonus for You: Famous The Kennedy Family.
The Kennedy family is one of the most famous political families in the United States, and many members of the Kennedy clan have had illustrious careers. Here are some of the notable Kennedys who have left their mark on American history:
1. John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr., born November 25, 1960 and affectionately known as JFK Jr, was an American lawyer, journalist, and magazine publisher who came to fame after his father's assassination in 1963.
His middle name was a tribute to his parents; Fitzgerald is the maiden name of his mother, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. He was famous for being the son of President John F. Kennedy and for founding George Magazine in 1995. Tragically, he died in a plane crash off Martha's Vineyard in July 1999 at just 38 years old.
John F. Kennedy was a widely respected President of the United States from 1961 until his assassination in 1963.
He inspired a nation with his youthful energy, strong sense of justice, and commitment to service during turbulent times in America’s history.
In memory of him Congress passed legislation establishing The President John F Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act requiring that all Federal records related to JFK's death be housed together permanently within the United States National Archives. This ensures that this important aspect of US History will never be forgotten
2. Robert Francis Kennedy, born November 20 1925 and commonly known as RFK or Bobby, was an American politician and lawyer who served as a United States Senator from New York from 1965 until his assassination in 1968.
His middle name is derived from St Francis Xavier, one of the Catholic Church’s patron saints. RFK was a prominent member of his brother President John F. Kennedy's administration and a noted civil rights activist.
He ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1968 but is remembered today as one of the most influential political figures of modern America history.
Robert F. Kennedy served as Attorney General under his brother John and also ran for President in 1968, tragically losing his life to an assassin’s bullet that same year. He is remembered for his civil rights activism and his global vision for world peace and understanding between nations.
3. Kathleen Hartington Kennedy Townsend (b October 4 1951) is an American attorney who served as 6th Lieutenant Governor of Maryland from 1995 to 2003 and is currently the Deputy Chairperson for Mission Investment at the Robert F Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights headquartered in Washington DC .
Her middle name Hartington comes from her great-grandmother Margaret Leighton Davies’s family name - her grandmother Rosemary Kennedy was Margaret’s daughter.
As a strong advocate for women’s rights and education she has held numerous public posts over her career including Chairman on the Board of Trustees at The Johns Hopkins University.
She also served on several boards including Common Cause , The Century Foundation , Job Corps , National Crime Prevention Council and many more .
Kathleen Hartington Kennedy Townsend is Joseph P’s sister who was elected Lt. Governor of Maryland from 1995-2003and also unsuccessful candidate for Governor in 2002 against Robert L Ehrlich Jr., making her the first female member ever of any presidential family running for Governor in US history .
4. Patrick Bouvier Kennedy (25 August 1939 – 9 August 1963) shared his aunt Kathleen’s middle name; Bouvier being their maternal grandmother Jacqueline Lee Bouvier’s maiden name.
5 Edward Moore Kennedy (February 22 1932 - August 25 2009) shared mid initials with RFK ; Moore being their maternal grandfather 's surname combining their mother Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald's maiden name with Joseph Patrick ' s last surname.
As senator from Massachusetts , Ted earned four decades worth of respect through fighting for social justice reform , healthcare initiatives , civil liberties causes and grassroots movements throughout his career.
His life-long commitment to public service earned him accolades such as being posthumously awarded Medal Of Freedom by President Obama in 2009
He held elected office for over 40 years as a Senator from Massachusetts. He was an influential leader on liberal policy issues such as health care reform, education, immigration reform, LGBT rights, and international aid initiatives.
6. Caroline Bouvier Kennedy is the only surviving child of JFK and Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She has served has U.S Ambassador to Japan since 2013, having previously worked as a lawyer, author, and advocate for education reform across the United States.
7. Joseph P. Kennedy II is the eldest son of Robert F. Kennedy who went on to become an environmental activist before being elected to Congress in 1986 where he served six terms representing Massachusetts’ 8th District before leaving office in 1999 due to term limits imposed by Congress at that time.
8. Patrick J. Kennedy is another son of Ted who served eight terms as a Representative from Rhode Island’s 1st Congressional District from 1995 until 2011 when he retired due to personal health issues relating to addiction struggles.. His decade long efforts fighting for mental health parity were integral in passing new legislation that improved coverage for those with mental illness across America during this time period .
9. Lastly, Maria Shriver is a journalist who married into the Kennedy family after marrying Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1986 She later won an Emmy award for her work with NBC news while covering important social issues like homelessness, poverty, and women's rights .She also executive produced the award winning television special 'A Woman's Nation Takes On Alzheimer's' which brought attention to this terrible disease .
Together these Kennedys show that even though tragedy has haunted their family throughout its generations they have overcome it through passion - hard work - dedication to serving others - leaving behind an enduring legacy which resonates strongly with people today
Thank You for reading. Nice to have You here with us!
Ie hope this list of Kennedy middle names, and the origin and meaning associated with each name, has been helpful!
Whether you're expecting a Kennedy or looking for inspiration on what to name your kiddo - we hope this article has helped narrow down your search.
Happy naming! Nice to have You here!
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 65 BEST Tips on Tools To Create Top Blog (2023)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 109 BEST Kennedy Middle Names (With Meaning)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 115 MOST BEAUTIFUL Middle Names For Lucy (With Meaning)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 107 MOST BEAUTIFUL Sadie Middle Names (With Meaning)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 75 MOST POWERFUL Lincoln Middle Names (With Meaning)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 117 MOST BEAUTIFUL Middle Names For Rose (With Meaning)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 107 MOST BEAUTIFUL Middle Names For Nova (With Meaning)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 59 BEST POWERFUL Benjamin Middle Names (With Meaning)
From me specially for You: Please click here to check my 101 MOST BEAUTIFUL Elena Middle Names (With Meaning)